Honoring Those who Serve
The Federal Savings Bank is owned and operated by veterans with a mission to help serve veterans. Most members of the leadership team and many of its employees have served our country. They know from experience that the transition from soldier to civilian means having a place to call “home.”
What is a VA loan?
A VA home loan is guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and often offers fewer restrictions than other types of mortgages. VA home loans have no down payment, no private mortgage insurance (PMI), and competitive rates.
With the VA home loan option, qualified veterans or active duty personnel can finance up to 100% of the purchase price of their home. For that reason, The Federal Savings Bank can offer a low interest rate, regardless of the down payment amount, with no private mortgage insurance payments.*
Key Aspects to Remember
- No down payment, no PMI,* low interest rates and usually easier qualification terms.
- Veterans can use basic allowance for housing to pay some or all of their monthly mortgage costs.
- The VA home loan allows borrowers to pay off their home loan at any point without having to worry about a pre-payment penalty.
- Veterans with conventional home loans now have the option to refinance to a VA home loan, often for a lower rate than a typical refinance.
- Active duty personnel
- Reservists/National Guard members
- Qualified surviving spouses
*VA loans do have a funding fee. The funding fee may be waived if you have a disability. Ask your banker for more information
Learn More about the VA Loan Application Process
A Federal Savings Bank home loan professional can answer any questions you may have and walk you through the loan application process.Get Pre-Approved!